The creation of the website is co-financed by the European Union (ERDF) and national resources of Greece and Cyprus. The content of the site is the sole responsibility of the name of the beneficiary and can in no way be taken to reflect the decisions of the European Union, the participating countries and the managing authority.
Eleftherias square (square of Freedom) is the center of the city of Kos. The square acuired it's current structure and arrangement after the great earthquake of 1933, when many of the neighboring buildings were rebuilt. From this spot a visitor has quick and easy access to most sites and monuments of the Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine, Knighthood, Ottoman and Italian eras of the city.
Besides its historical importance and beauty, the square is a point of reference for many locas and foreigners, since on its northern side lies the port, on its eastern side the start of the old town of Kos and on its eastern side the well known bar street.
Text Source: www.kos.gr