The creation of the website is co-financed by the European Union (ERDF) and national resources of Greece and Cyprus. The content of the site is the sole responsibility of the name of the beneficiary and can in no way be taken to reflect the decisions of the European Union, the participating countries and the managing authority.
The water spring of Pyli is located in the center of the Pyli village, next to the St. Nicholaus church. Fresh, drinking water gushes from six spouts on the sides of a square building with a flat roof. As mentioned in the embedded inscription on the south side of the bulding, the spring was renovated in 1592. For centuries it has been used to provide water to the locals and to irrigate the orchards in the area. Today, the spring is one of the most central spots of Pyli and a meeting place for the locals.
Text Source: www.kos.gr